Joining the Virtual Branch
You don’t have to choose to be a lonely writer!
Benefits of membership in a Virtual Branch include the chance to network with writers across the country, not only at local or provincial levels.
Many beginning writers look for informed advice from more published members, and are inspired to further their writing careers.
Established writers gain the opportunity to hone their skills and share insights by teaching others. All benefit and Canadian writers have more high quality work to offer the world.
Any CAA member with a computer and Web access can now join this Internet-based Virtual Branch mailing list at no extra cost.
1. Yahoo! ID Needed
You must have a Yahoo! ID in order to register (the mailing list is provided to us by Yahoo! Groups). If you already have a Yahoo! ID, you can proceed, otherwise, obtain your Yahoo! ID here before joining.
2. Submit Your Request to Join
Just send a message with your name and branch affiliation (or Member-At-Large status) to telling us you would like to become a member. You will be welcomed to a friendly network that stretches from coast to coast.
Group Email Addresses
- Post message:
- List owner:
To change your address, you should unsubscribe your old address then subscribe to your new address. You may need to make adjustments to the valid e-mail addresses in your Yahoo! profile.
- The Yahoo! Groups CAA-VB mailing list page has archives and the various group email addresses.
- The Virtual Branch is available to CAA members only.
If You Have Difficulty
If you have difficulty, contact the list moderator, Anne Osborne at (note the numeral one in the address).
- You must reply to the confirmation message in order to have your subscription approved and your name added to the list of subscribers.
- If you or your ISP use spam-blocking software, you will want to be sure to add the address to your friends- or white-list so these messages are not blocked.
Updated: September 16, 2009