Navigating This Site
The Site Navigation Pages
The CAA National site is a very large and complex site. The following series of pages is designed to help you navigate this site and to optimize your experience here:
- Viewing This Site has hints about how to best view the site. If the fonts seem too large or too small, the solution is found here.
- The Site Map is a very general overview of the site layout.
- The Site Index is a keyword index to content on this site. It will also give you an idea of what is available here.
- You can also search this site (some content is not searchable).
- About The CAA Members Area has information to help you access the CAA Members Area (user name and password needed).
Site Design Precepts
This site is maintained by Webmaster Russ Harvey. Several features and precepts are involved in the design decisions made for this site.
The Menu System
The menu system on the left was designed to make the listing more compact, yet to retain the accessibility of the entire site. To accomplish this:
- Some menus were grouped into expandable sub-categories.
- Expandable menus are indicated by » after the menu name.
External Links Open New Windows
Support For Older Browsers Deprecated
While these pages are created with the aim of being accessible to the greatest number of browsers possible, it has become necessary to abandon techniques favouring older browsers to accommodate newer devices that are now more widespread.
Customize Font Sizes & Colours
The font sizes on this site are relative, not fixed, making them more flexible. You can learn more about how to change fonts sizes to customize and improve your experience on this site.
This site emphasizes the Canadian sites, particularly in the Writing Links section where you will find Canadian sites indicated by where the context doesn't imply the site is Canadian.
This website is owned and funded by the Canadian Authors Association. Site content and policies are subject to the CAA's by-laws and to decisions by the CAA National Executive.
More information is available in the site's copyright, legal, and privacy guidelines.
Updated: February 18, 2013