Conditions of Use
Site Copyright, Legal and Privacy Statements
The content of this site is protected by copyright
No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without express written consent.
For permission to distribute copies of this site in any format, electronic or otherwise, send an email to with "Copyright Permission" in the subject line. Please include the following information:
- The exact portion(s) of the site that you wish to copy and the intended use of those materials.
- The number of copies that will be created and their distribution.
- Your time line for the use of these materials. (We do not guarantee that approval will be given, nor that it will meet your deadlines).
- Other material that will be associated with CAA information.
- Your name, title, company or organization, email address, and telephone number.
- This website and the domain name "CanAuthors.org" are owned and funded by the Canadian Authors Association.
- Where CAA is used on this site it refers to the Canadian Authors Association.
- The Canadian Authors Association logo used on this site is the property of the Canadian Authors Association and may not be used without permission. Use is licensed according the CAA bylaws and policies laid out by the CAA Executive from time to time.
- The design and layout markup used for this website is owned by Russ Harvey and licensed to the site owner. This layout may not be relicensed, sold or used without permission.
- Some images are copyright © 2005 Russ Harvey and its licensors. All rights reserved.
- All other trademarks, company names or logos used on this site are the property of their respective owners.
The "Canadian Scenes" series of photos showing various locations in Canada have been provided by several CAA members including Paul Cormack, Murphy Shewchuk and Russ Harvey. These photos are copyright © by the individual owners as indicated in the "title" text which is displayed when the mouse hovers over the images. All rights reserved. Copying or use without express written permission is not permitted.
- The content of this site is intended for use in obtaining information about the Canadian Authors Association and the provision of links to other sites that may be of interest to Canadian writers.
- While you may view the content of this site from anywhere in the world, this site is located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada and is subject to the laws of Canada effective in the Province of British Columbia, particularly pertaining to what is acceptable content.
- You may print one copy of the pages of this site for your personal use.
- Printing more than one copy in any format (electronic or otherwise) constitutes commercial use and requires a license.
Linking to this Site
Linking to Site Pages
- You may link to the pages on this site from your own site or document.
- You need not obtain permission for such a link.
- You may not take the content of the pages for hosting on your site without permission.
Linking to Site Images
- You may not link to the images on this site.
- Such a link is theft of services (bandwidth).
- You must first obtain written permission to use the images.
- If permission is granted, the appropriate images will then be provided for you to store on your server.
Use of E-mail Addresses
- You may not cull email addresses on this site, particularly for the purposes of generating unsolicited message traffic (generally known as spam) to those addresses.
- Addresses are provided only as a convenience in contacting the officials and members of the CAA executive and branches on CAA-related business.
- Spam does not constitute such business.
- Infractions may result in legal action or other measures to remove your ability to abuse the resources on this site.
- Our Contact Guidelines will help you determine the best resource to contact.
A Note About Forged Headers
The CAA does not send out unsolicited messages (spam) but you may receive messages that appear to come from us. This is known as forging headers—where the perpetrator sends out messages with someone else's email address as the apparent source.
We suggest that you do not follow the links on such messages. Anyone afraid to reveal their own address is not the sort of person you want to do business with.
Reliability of Information
The provision of dates and other specific information on this site does not form a contract with the viewer.
- Information is kept as current and accurate as possible, but you should verify any specifics with the person or organization sponsoring the event or your local CAA branch for specific items that are important to you.
- Information on this site may be added or removed without notice.
- The Canadian Authors Association has no control over the content or availability of linked pages which are external to this site, including content on CAA branch sites.
- The provision of a link does not necessarily endorse the content of that site, but is provided for your convenience.
The following conditions are true for the contents of this site regarding privacy issues.
Collection of Information
- This site collects a limited amount of information using cookies or other information-gathering tools used only for the purposes of filling orders, or membership applications. Such information is kept secure and used only for the purpose for which it is given. Our lists are not shared or sold.
- Our web hosting service provides tools for the collection of aggregate information about our site's visitors, but these are general in nature.
- We subscribe to the terms and conditions laid out by our ISP which prohibit the use of spam or other such invasive activities.
Use of E-mail Addresses
We reserve the right to use your email address to correspond with you to the extend required to answer questions emailed to this site or to the various CAA executive or staff.
- Such requests will constitute permission to contact you.
- Your name and email address will not be sold or used for purposes other than communicating with you about CAA business.
- There are restrictions on the use of email addresses found on our site. See also, Use of E-mail Addresses.
You do not have permission to copy email addresses on this site for the purpose of bulk unsolicited mailings (spam).
Updated: July 29, 2011