eZines Come Into Their Own
Early online magazines have mostly been Internet versions of print publications, but more recent eZines are located only on the Web.
Many eZines Don't Pay
Many ezines don't pay their writers for online distributions of their work so you may want to spend some time on the CAA Copyright page before submitting your work or signing a contract.
Some ezines are only a front-end enticement for the print edition, some derive their revenue from online advertising or from corporate support, but often they are the efforts of a single person or a small group of individuals with no outside funding at all and therefore offer no remuneration.
- Canadian Author is Canada's ezine for writers by writers — articles on the craft and business of writing, author profiles, news about the Canadian publishing industry, reviews on books about writing.
- Canadian Geographic Magazine. Submission guidelines.
- CBC Arts Online — Canada's online magazine covering arts, media and entertainment news.
- Grain Magazine. Submission guidelines.
- PROVENANCE.ca for librarians, archivists & professional preservers-creators of information (ISSN 1203-8954).
eZine Listings and Resources
- Canadian Literary Journals, Zines, and Periodicals () — Canadian Literature Centre listing.
- Canadian Poetry Magazines () — University of Toronto Library listing.
- DMOZ Open Directory Project E-zines Listing
- Internet Magazines And Journals is an extensive listing of ezines from around the world.
- John Labovitz's E-Zine-List is maintained by a group of volunteer editors.
- Northwest Passages listing of Canadian Literary Periodicals () — not all are e-zines.
- Online Guide to Writing in Canada () list of Canadian e-zines.
- Writing for Ezines and Websites list of ezine portals and directories.
Updated: February 18, 2013