Every year the Canadian Authors Association hosts its annual CanWrite! Conference for aspiring, emerging and accomplished writers and this year is no exception. We are once again incorporating a retreat element into our conference, but with a bit of a twist. Regular workshops and master classes are offered in the afternoons, and you have a selection of options for Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings — an à la carte menu to make sure this writers' conference meets your current needs.
Who should come?
This conference is designed for anyone who writes, wants to write, or wants to get back into writing. Whether you're an aspiring writer or an accomplished professional, you don't want to miss this writers' conference!
What's new for 2013?
- Moderated expressive writing circles
- Special interest sessions (e.g., yoga creativity jump start; writers' guide to social media; research tips)
- Pitch sessions with publishers and/or professional editors
What else is on the program?
- Optional retreat mornings
- Blue pencil sessions with professional editors or experienced authors
- Selection of half-day afternoon workshops on writing and master classes for published and mid-career authors
- Book fair and author signings - open to the public
- Panel discussions on timely issues in the publishing industry
- Exhibits by professionals offering specialized services to writers
- Open mike readings
- 2013 CAA Literary Awards
- CAA Annual General Meeting
Stay tuned for more information, options and details to come early in the New Year.
- Date: June 13–16, 2013
- Location: Lakehead University, Orillia Campus, Orillia ON
- Print or view the CanWrite! 2013 flyer (PDF - 33k)
For further information, contact Courtney or Noelle at or 1 866 216 6222.
Updated: December 11, 2012