Serving Writers Since 1921
Canadian Author Ezine
Canadian Author is Canada's ezine for writers by writers — articles on the craft and business of writing, author profiles, news about the Canadian publishing industry, reviews on books about writing.
This new quarterly ezine has a flippable book format.
About the Canadian Authors Association
A National Organization with a Local Presence
The Canadian Authors Association (CAA) is a national organization with a local presence dedicated to promoting a flourishing community of writers across Canada and to encourage works of literary and artistic merit.
The organization does this by:
- establishing and maintaining professional standards,
- promoting professionalism and good practices,
- providing opportunities for professional development,
- promoting the fair and equitable treatment of writers,
- working in partnership with other relevant organizations, and
- promoting awareness of Canada's writing and publishing environment.
"Writers Helping Writers" is more than a motto — it expresses our commitment to beginning and established writers alike.
If you are serious about your writing you will want to become a CAA member to obtain the greatest benefit and access to the wide range of services and networking available only to our members.
Membership is available to both professional and aspiring writers as well as to those wishing to support Canadian writers and writing.
Join online with our secure payment system (or by phone or by mail).
Health & Dental Benefits for Writers
The Writers' Coalition program provides affordable drug, health and dental care protection for writers.
Check out the program details, including:
- eligibility (CAA members qualify);
- the program details & how to enroll; and
- making a claim.
Thank You to Our Supporters
The Canadian scenic images found on some pages on this site are provided by our members and used with permission.
Updated: March 22, 2013